Mimi's World

Mimi's wondering.....

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summertime, OH, it's summertime!

So, what says summer to you?  The longer days, the baseball games that seem to never end, the flip flops you can now wear everyday.....


                                       I think maybe it is the clothes hanging outside on the line. Of course I'm probably the only person around who actually hangs clothes outside.  Took me a long time to find a great clothesline I could use inside or out!




Or it could be the feel of the soil on your hands as you plant your new flowers for the season. 
And the colors that just pop!


Of course it could also be that I finally have the time to piddle at the things I love to do, like sew.

This is one of the skirts I am making to see, hopefully, at the ArtStroll in downtown Huntsville this summer.  They are fun, breezy little skirts that are so fun to make.


But the truth is that even though summer is all of these things and more, the best part of summer is having the time to spend with my favorite people!



Aidan and Jordan
Martha Cate

and even Bryson, Josie and Ellie (who I can't find recent pictures of!)

So what is summer to you????????



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Summer to me means most likely a trip home - to the States I mean- and that means family!! Didn't think we were going to pull it off but I am going. In the States (cause we don't 'do' seasons here) - I love garden-fresh vegies and fruits and well, anything to do with the garden - from planting to harvesting. And long days - fresh dewy mornings to lazy, firefly evenings. I LOVE summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe that's why you love where your live so much! It is like summer all the time.

    ReplyDelete